xoscope for Linux
xoscope is a digital oscilloscope for Linux!
- ALSA, ESD, and COMEDI data sources
- Sweep rates from 2 ns to 2 seconds per division
- Eight simultaneous display channels
- Scrollable memory buffers
- Both analog and digital inputs
- Sweep, accumulate, and strip chart display modes
2016 Sep 16: Version 2.2 is released
Version 2.2 is mostly a bug fix release that also introduces support
Version 2.1 introduced ALSA support (thanks to Gerhard Schiller) and
reintroduced the math functions that were removed in the 2.0 release.
Bitscope and Probescope support were permanently dropped.
Version 2.x is based on GTK+ 2 and runs exclusively on UN*X and X Windows.
Our older version 1.x, no longer developed, supported MS-DOS and direct
Download the latest version here: xoscope-2.2.tar.gz.
Wikipedia has a nice Oscilloscope article
For an excellent 60-page introduction to oscilloscopes, check out The
XYZs of Oscilloscopes at Tektronix.
Tim Witham designed a
buffer circuit to connect
oscilloscope probes to a PC's soundcard.
xoscope is released under the conditions of the GNU General Public
- SourceForge Project Page
- Actual xoscope SourceForge project page
Last modified: 11 Oct 2016